This advanced beginner bagmaking class is focusing on bags for everyone. Join in to make the Sandhill Sling and stay organized while on the go!
Cost: $175 course fee
Prerequisite: This course is for advanced beginners and assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have equivalent skills.
Click on the calendar icon 🗓 next to your preferred classes to add the dates to your digital calendar.
- September WKD: class meets Saturdays, September 16th and 23rd from 2:00-4:30pm sold out
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with SANDHILL SLING in the subject line.
your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- Pattern (available from Noodlehead)
- coordinating thread
- Microtex needle sz 14 or 16
- 5/8 yard exterior fabric (Canvas [7-9 oz. weight])
- 5/8 yard Lining Fabric (quilting cotton)
- 1-1/4 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- (1) 18” head to head handbag zipper for top closure
- (1) 10” handbag zipper for front pocket closure (view A) -OR- 14mm magnetic snap/size 24 metal spring snap (View B)
- (1) 1”-wide d-ring
- (2) 1.5”-wide swivel clasps
- (1) 1.5”-wide strap slider
- 1.5 yards of 1.5″ webbing for strap -OR- add an additional 1/4 yard of exterior fabric to make strap
- (optional) 1/4″ wide elastic for interior pocket
- (optional) setting tool if using spring snap