This advanced beginner bagmaking class is focusing on bags for everyone. Join in to make the Redwood Tote and stay organized while on the go!
Cost: $150 course fee
Prerequisite: This course is for advanced beginners and assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have equivalent skills.
- June/July PM: class meets Tuesday June 29th & July 6th from 7-9:30pm
- August WKD: class meets Sunday August 8th & 22nd from 10am-12:30pm
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with CARAVAN TOTE in the subject line.
your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- Pattern (available from Noodlehead)
- coordinating thread
- Microtex needle sz 14 or 16
- 1/2 yard exterior fabric (Canvas [7-9 oz. weight])
- 1/3 yard Accent Fabric (includes Reinforced Base, Handles, and Strap) (quilting cotton)
- 1 yard (¾ yard if using non-directional fabric) Lining Fabric (quilting cotton)
- 2 1/2 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- (1) 6” zipper* for front pocket
- (1) 12” zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings
- (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps
- (1) 1”-wide strap slider
- 2” x 11” piece of heavyweight interfacing for Reinforced Base (Pellon Peltex 72F or equivalent recommended)
- (optional) two ¾”-wide x 15” long leather handles and eight 8mm rivets/setting tool
- (optional) two ¼” x 5” pieces of leather/ribbon for zipper pulls