This advanced beginner bagmaking class is focusing on bags for everyone. Join in to make the Redwood Tote and stay organized while on the go!
Cost: $150 course fee
Prerequisite: This course is for advanced beginners and assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have equivalent skills.
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with REDWOOD TOTE in the subject line.
your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- Pattern (available from Noodlehead)
- coordinating thread
- Microtex needle sz 14 or 16
- 1/2 yard exterior fabric (Canvas [7-9 oz. weight])
- 1/3 yard Accent Fabric (includes Reinforced Base, Handles, and Strap) (quilting cotton)
- 1 yard (¾ yard if using non-directional fabric) Lining Fabric (quilting cotton)
- 2 1/2 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- (1) 6” zipper* for front pocket
- (1) 12” zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings
- (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps
- (1) 1”-wide strap slider
- 2” x 11” piece of heavyweight interfacing for Reinforced Base (Pellon Peltex 72F or equivalent recommended)
- (optional) two ¾”-wide x 15” long leather handles and eight 8mm rivets/setting tool
- (optional) two ¼” x 5” pieces of leather/ribbon for zipper pulls