We will be touching on the basics of sewing with knit and creating a capsule wardrobe with all of the essential basics for your wardrobe. Learning the skills to create knit apparel, completing a total of six garments (one a week).
We will discuss fabric needs and color combinations.
We will create a capsule collection using the fabrics and silhouettes for your unique sense of style. This class will include a digital pattern complete with 8 Garment options that can be repeated at home.
We will plan our capsule prior to class in a zoom session to ensure we are selecting fabrics that are cohesive and interchangeable in your collection.
Class time: Six classes totalling 12 hours
Prerequisite: Sewing 101 or basic sewing skills
Prework: Cut out patterns prior to class
- December/January 2023 AM: class meets Tuesdays, December 6th, 13th, 27th and January 3rd, 10th, 17th from 10:00am-12:00pm
- December/January 2023 AM: class meets Tuesdays, December 6th, 13th, 27th and January 3rd, 10th, 17th from 7:00-9:00pm
- February/March AM: class meets Wednesdays, February 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and March 1st, 8th from 10:00am-12:00pm
- February/March AM: class meets Wednesdays, February 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and March 1st, 8th from 7:00-9:00pm
PLANNING SESSION: Prior to the first class there will be a Zoom planning session. Zoom details will be provided in advance of the session.
- November 27th from 5:00-6:00pm (for December/January sessions)
- January 25th from 5:00-6:00pm (for February 2023 sessions)
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with ESSENTIAL COLLECTION in the subject line.