This is a large duffle bag carrying case that is perfect for a weekend getaway trip. You will learn to work with webbing, how to do minor quilting, adding zipper tabs and reinforce your skills with working with bias tape. You’ll learn various tricks for adding pockets, including an outer zippered pocket.
Sign up for the Train Case and Jewelry Bag classes to create the perfect set!
Class time: Three 2-hour classes totalling 6 hours of class time.
Prerequisite: You should have at least taken sewing 101, even better if you have taken 102 as well.
- September/October WKD: Class meets Saturdays, September 24th and October 1st and 8th from 2:00-4:00pm
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with WEEKENDER SERIES in the subject line.
- 1.5 yards of feature fabric*
- 1 yard of handle fabric
- 1.5 yards of lining fabric*
- 1.5 yards of batting*
- 3.5 yards of 2″ wide webbing
- Zippers (can get longer and cut to length as needed)
- 1—22” long
- 1– 14” long
- 6 yards double fold wide bias binding
- Matching thread
- Walking foot (for quilting- recommended but not required)
- Zipper foot
- Cutting tools
- Sewing machine
NOTE: *you can purchase prequilted fabric in place of the feature and lining fabric, you will still need the 1 yard of handle fabric and you may choose to have 1/3 yard of another fabric to make the pockets, or extra bias tape to line the edges.