This advanced beginner bagmaking class is focusing on bags for everyone. Join in to make the Buckthorn Backpack and stay organized while on the go!
Cost: $175 course fee
Prerequisite: This course is for advanced beginners and assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have equivalent skills.
- April AM: class meets Wednesday April 19th + 26th from 10am-12:30pm
- April PM: class meets Wednesday April 19th + 26th from 7-9:30pm
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with BUCKTHORN BACKPACK in the subject line.
your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- Pattern (available from Noodlehead)
- coordinating thread
- Microtex needle sz 14 or 16
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard Lining Fabric (quilting cotton)
- 1.5 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- 1/2 yard Fusible Fleece interfacing -OR- By Annie’s Soft + Stable foam interfacing
- (1) 16” handbag zipper for top closure (must be 1.25″ wide)
- (2) 1.5”-wide triangle rings -OR- d-rings
- (2) 1.5”-wide swivel clasps
- (2) 1.5”-wide strap slider
- 4 yards of 1.5″ webbing for strap -OR- add an additional 3/4 yard of exterior fabric to make strap + 1.5 yards interfacing