Ah the serger, garment sewing’s holy grail. You’ve heard it can save you time, make your projects look more professional and open windows of possibilities for new projects….just as soon as you learn how to thread the darn thing! The first thing you’ll learn is how to thread your serger. Then we’ll begin and exploring all the functionality your serger has to offer including different serger stitches, troubleshooting breaks and mroe. Plus, as an added bonus, you will be taught a few fun decorative stitches!
NOTE: for all Serger classes, due to the complexity and variety of sergers on the market, we have a maximum of 4 students per class. Please register early to secure your spot.
Not sure what serger to purchase? Check out our Serger Buying Guide or read our blog post on Choosing a Serger.
Cost: $115 course fee, includes 2.5 hours of instruction and some supplies.
Skills you’ll learn: proper threading, thread tension, understanding your sergers features, serging inner and outer corners, securing the ends of a serged seam and some invaluable tips and tricks to help reduce frustration.
- November AM: Tuesday, November 15th 10:00am-12:30pm
- November PM: Tuesday, November 15th 7:00-9:30pm
- December AM: Thursday, December 15th 10:00am-12:30pm
- December PM: Thursday, December 15th 7:00-9:30pm
- January WKD: Sunday, January 22nd 5:00-7:30pm
- January AM: Wednesday, January 25th 10:00am-12:30pm
- January PM: Wednesday, January 25th 7:00-9:30pm
- February WKD: Sunday, February 5th 5:00-7:30pm
- February AM: Thursday, February 9th 10:00am-12:30pm
- February PM: Thursday, February 9th 7:00-9:30pm
- March WKD: Sunday, March 5th 5:00-7:30pm
- March AM: Wednesday, March 19th 10:00am-12:30pm
- March PM: Wednesday, March 19th 7:00-9:30pm
We also offer private lessons (in-person and virtual) for adults and kids. If you’re eager to get started or our current class times don’t work for your schedule, email us to compare calendars.
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with SERGER 101 in the subject line.
- Your serger
- The manual (super-duper, critically important)
- 4 cones of different colors maxi-lock thread
*all other supplies will be provided