Summer camp will be held in person. To learn more about our COVID-19 policy for keeping you safe, refer to our Class Policies page.
Fashion Design Camp
Fashion Design Sewing Camp is designed specifically for kids (ages 7+) who are new to sewing or have limited sewing experience. In this beginner sewing summer camp, students will learn to use a sewing machine, practice their sketching skills, create a mood board, and make several fun apparel projects during camp. Every Fabricate Studios Beginner Summer Camp focuses on different themes, so kids can attend more than one week of camp and never repeat a project– check out the Upcoming Dates tab to learn more about the themes we’re working on each week of camp!
**At Fabricate Studios, our expertise is teaching and we’re committed to this mission by completely eliminating retail from our facility; we are strictly an educational space. This means that our studio is closed to the public and students will have the instructor’s complete attention during camp sessions.
Pick-up and Drop-off:
- AM Camp: Drop off is 9am. Pick-up is at 12pm.
- PM Camp: Drop off is 1pm. Pick-up is at 4pm.
Cost: $375, includes all fabric/supplies ($50 value). Sewing machines are provided free of charge during camp or they may bring a machine from home.
NOTE: Please provide your child’s name and if they will be bringing their own sewing machine in the Notes section at checkout.
Questions? Please email [email protected] with FASHION DESIGN CAMP in the subject line.
Summer 2021 Camps are OPEN for Registration! Details below.
Beginner Fashion Design Camp: we will have a project selected for our first day, then campers will help determine the garments and accessories we make throughout the rest of the week. No two camps will be alike, so campers can attend multiple sessions and make different things.
- June 21st-25th from 9am-12pm
- June 21st-25th from 1pm-4pm
- July 5th-9th from 9am-12pm
- July 5th-9th from 1pm-4pm
- July 26th-30th from 9am-12pm
- July 26th-30th from 1pm-4pm
Cosplay: DragonCon is just around the corner! We’ll help students sew their perfect costume. **Some additional materials may be required for purchase, depending on the costume selected.
- July 19th-23rd from 9am-12pm (Intermediate level sewers*)
- July 19th-23rd from 1pm-4pm (Beginners) SOLD OUT
* Students wishing to register for intermediate level camps should get the go-ahead from their current Fabricate teacher or have the following skills: mastery of beginner sewing skills such as threading your machine, winding a bobbin, ironing seams, sewing straight lines, follow multi-part instructions independently, able to sew several steps independently and without assistance from an adult. If you are uncertain about your child’s current skill level and would like to register for this class, please email us via the contact information below and will can discuss.
We also offer private lessons for $65/hr if you have a student eager to get started or our current class dates/times don’t work for your schedule. Email us to compare calendars.
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with KIDS CAMPS in the subject line.
Sewing machines are provided free of charge during camp. All fabric, thread and other materials are included in the cost of Beginner Fashion Design camp. Some additional supplies may be required for purchase during our Cosplay camps, depending on the costume your child wants to sew.