If you love sewing pouches as much as we do, you are going to love this Pouch of the Month sewing class. This is the perfect opportunity to unlock your creativity and master the art of sewing stylish and functional pouches with zippers, pockets, and more!
Darcy will lead you through each step, from selecting the perfect fabrics to master using your zipper foot for perfect zipper placement every time. Each month we will feature a different pouch.
You will not want to miss out on the Pouch of the Month! Check the photos in the listing to get a visual of each pouch for the corresponding date.
Cost: $125 course fee, includes interfacing and zippers
Prerequisite: Sewing 101 or equivalent skills
Skills you’ll learn: zippers, using interfacing and modifying a pattern
Click on the calendar icon 🗓 next to your preferred classes to add the dates to your digital calendar.
SewLux Rainbow Pouch:
- March AM: class meets Thursday, March 21st from 10:00am-12:30pm 🗓
- March PM: class meets Thursday, March 21st from 7:00-9:30pm 🗓
Emmaline Retreat Bag:
- April AM: class meets Thursday, April 18th from 10:00am-12:30pm 🗓
- April PM: class meets Thursday, April 18th from 7:00-9:30pm 🗓
SewLux Dresden Pouch:
- May AM: class meets Thursday, May 16th from 10:00am-12:30pm 🗓
- May PM: class meets Thursday, May 16th from 7:00-9:30pm 🗓
We also offer private lessons (in-person and virtual) for adults and kids. If you’re eager to get started or our current class times don’t work for your schedule, email us to compare calendars.
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with MONTHLY POUCH in the subject line.
Supplies needed for large pouch:
- Fat quarters will work well or even fabric scraps might work
- Zippers will be required but you can bring two 9″ polyester zippers if you’d like them to match your fabric
- Copy of Lisbon Pouch pattern by SotakCo (link to pattern will be sent upon registration)
- coordinating thread
- zipper foot
- sewing machine
- basic sewing kit (scissors, pins, marking tool)