Summer camp will be held in person. To learn more about our COVID-19 policy for keeping you safe, refer to our Class Policies page.
Sewing Summer Camps
In Fabricate Studios beginner and intermediate friendly Sewing Summer Camps, students will learn to use a sewing machine and make multiple projects that they can show off to friends and family. All new 2020 projects have been selected and each week has a different theme — check out the Upcoming Dates tab to learn more about what we’re working on each week of camp!
**At Fabricate Studios, our expertise is teaching and we’re committed to this mission by completely eliminating retail from our facility; we are strictly an educational space. This means that our studio is closed to the public and students will have the instructor’s complete attention during camp sessions.
Pick-up and Drop-off:
- AM Camp: Drop off is 9am. Pick-up is at 12pm.
- PM Camp: Drop off is 1pm. Pick-up is at 4pm.
Cost: $375, includes all fabric/supplies ($50 value). Sewing machines are provided free of charge during camp or they may bring a machine from home.
NOTE: Please provide your child’s name and if they are bringing a machine from home in the Notes section at checkout.
Questions? Please email [email protected] with SEWING SUMMER CAMP in the subject line.
Summer 2021 Camps are OPEN for Registration! Details below.
Sweet Treats: we’re sewing up lots of little projects and each will incorporate a fun treat! Ideas for projects include a donut pillow, watermelon/lemon/orange slice zipper pouch, popsicle quilt, fabric party banners, and more.
June 7th-11th from 9am-12pm SOLD OUT
- June 7th-11th from 1pm-4pm
Movie Night: stitch up a few fun projects to make movie night even more special! Ideas for projects include a popcorn blanket, s’mores pillow, camera reel situpon, pj pants, slippers, and more.
- June 14th-18th from 9am-12pm
- June 14th-18th from 1pm-4pm
Pets: we’re making lots of little customized “unbirthday” gifts for ourselves and our favorite pets! Ideas for human projects include pet shaped pillows, neckwarmers, and stuffed animals. Pet projects include toys, leash, beds, and more.
- June 28th-July 2nd from 9am-12pm
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: making reusable projects is fun and functional! Ideas for projects include unpapertowels, snack wrapper zipper pouches, candy wrapper key fobs, microwave popcorn bags, utensil holder, cloth napkins, fabric baskets and more!
- July 12th-16th from 9am-12pm
Cosplay: DragonCon is just around the corner! We’ll help students sew their perfect costume. **Some additional materials may be required for purchase, depending on the costume selected.
- July 19th-23rd from 9am-12pm (Intermediate level sewers*)
July 19th-23rd from 1pm-4pm (Beginners) SOLD OUT
Back to School: School will be back in session soon and we will have fun projects that will be perfect for heading back to school this fall. NOTE: This camp is 3 days only (Mon/Tues/Wed).
August 2nd-4th from 9am-12pm SOLD OUT
August 2nd-4th 1pm-4pm SOLD OUT
* Students wishing to register for intermediate level camps should get the go-ahead from their current Fabricate teacher or have the following skills: mastery of beginner sewing skills such as threading your machine, winding a bobbin, ironing seams, sewing straight lines, follow multi-part instructions independently, able to sew several steps independently and without assistance from an adult. If you are uncertain about your child’s current skill level and would like to register for this class, please email us via the contact information below and will can discuss.
We also offer private lessons for $65/hr if you have a student eager to get started or our current class dates/times don’t work for your schedule. Email us to compare calendars.
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with KIDS CAMPS in the subject line.
Sewing machines are provided free of charge during camp. All fabric, thread and other materials are included in the cost of camp.