Class will be held in person. To learn more about our COVID-19 policy for keeping you safe, refer to our Class Policies page.
Beginner Sewing Groups: “Buttons” are our twice monthly group sewing lessons designed specifically for beginners. These groups learn in a cohort fashion, meaning the same group of students take classes together on a preset schedule. Students will learn to use a sewing machine and other tools with supervision. The Buttons meet every other week to expand your child’s sewing skills; you’ll be amazed at the projects they create!
Cost: $170 per month ($85 per lesson) — all supplies are included. Automated billing occurs monthly on the first of each month ($170 total billed on the 1st) after your initial registration on the website. If you are joining mid-semester, there is flexibility about make-ups and/or prorated payments. Note: groups meet every other week during the school year, with a winter break at the end of the year. Click on the Upcoming Dates tab to see all class dates for 2021-2022 school year.
Skills Learned: During lessons your child will learn how to use a sewing machine with supervision, master specific beginner skills and create some fun, age appropriate projects.
NOTE: Please provide your child’s name in the order note section at checkout.
Winter 2022 schedule is posted below. Several make-up dates will be offered for each session, this ensures your child stays on track with the class and learns the skills necessary to keep up with the projects created. Automated billing occurs monthly on the first of each month ($85 per session, $170 total billed on the 1st) after your initial registration on the website.
** New students can join the semester at any time. We will work together to determine if make-ups will be attended or if the cost will be prorated based on classes that have already taken place.
- Blue Buttons: meets every other Saturday from 9:30-11:30am.
- Winter/Spring 2022 dates 1/8, 1/22, 2/5, 2/19, 3/5, 3/19, 4/2, 4/16, 4/30, 5/14
- Yellow Buttons: meets every other Sunday from 12-2pm.
- Winter/Spring 2022 dates 1/9, 1/23, 2/6, 2/20, 3/6, 3/20, 4/3, 4/17, 5/1, 5/15
- Red Buttons: meets every other Monday from 4-6pm.
- Winter/Spring 2022 dates 1/10, 1/24, 2/7, 2/21, 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2, 5/16
- Green Buttons: meets every other Tuesday from 4-6pm.
- Winter/Spring 2022 dates 1/11, 1/25, 2/8, 2/22, 3/8, 3/22, 4/5, 4/19, 5/3, 5/17
- Orange Buttons: meets every other Wednesday from 4-6pm.
- Winter/Spring 2022 dates 1/12, 1/26, 2/9, 2/23, 3/9, 3/23, 4/6, 4/19, 5/4, 5/18
Make-up Dates: life happens, we’re parents too! So we offer a handful of make-up dates to ensure that your kiddo learns the skills missed in class and can stay on track with the projects we’re covering from week to week.
- Winter/Spring 2022 make-ups:
- Saturday 1/29, 2/26, 3/26, 4/23, 5/21
- Sunday 5/22 from 2-4pm
- Monday 5/23 from 1-3pm
If you have any questions regarding our classes, please email [email protected] with KIDS CLASS in the subject line.
Supplies: all fabric and supplies are included as part of the class fee. If you have a sewing machine at home, you are welcome to bring it! If not, no worries, we have sewing machines available for use during class.