Class will be held in person. To learn more about our COVID-19 policy for keeping you safe, refer to our Class Policies page.
The modern quilting movement has hit Atlanta! Join us at Fabricate to learn the basics and make a charming quilt.
Cost: $240 course fee
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Sewing 102 course or have similar skills
What you’ll learn: fabric preparation, ironing do’s and don’ts, seam allowance, strip piecing/chain piecing, layering, basting, machine quilting and binding
- April WKD: class meets Sundays April 4, 11, 18 & 25 from 9:30-11:30am
- May AM: class meets Mondays May 10, 17, 24 & 31 from 10am-12pm
- May PM: class meets Monday May 10, 17, 24 & 31 from 7-9pm
We also offer private lessons (in-person and virtual) for adults and kids. If you’re eager to get started or our current class times don’t work for your schedule, email us to compare calendars.
If you’d like to be notified when future classes are added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with QUILTING 101 in the subject line.
- your machine and basic sewing supplies
- 14 Fat Quarters*
- 2/3 yard fabric for binding
- 4 yards for backing
- “Twin” sized cotton batting
- coordinating thread
- 1/4″ presser foot (optional but recommended)
- walking foot (optional but recommended)
*Do NOT prewash your fabrics