You do not want to miss the 2024 Quilting Block of the Month! Diana has outdone herself with this beautiful design and you will use a variety of techniques to complete this unique quilt throughout the year. The finished size is 75″ x 75″ and will certainly be a work of art. Appropriately named “Not Your Grandma’s BOM” 2.0 you will have a quilt everyone will fight over.
Major skills: half square triangles, flying geese, appliqué, sewing curves, paper piecing & strip piecing.
Cost: $375 course fee includes in person instruction and custom pattern. An incredible value ($33 per class) for all of the techniques we’ll cover, custom quilt pattern, video tutorials, and more. Or you can opt for the virtual session which includes monthly videos, instruction booklets, and printables but no class meetings for a $200 course fee.
We are offering both in-person classes and virtual options; click the Upcoming Dates tab to see all class options.
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Quilting 101 course or have similar skills
2024: Class meets monthly, please choose the Thursday AM/PM or the Sunday session.
**Virtual students work at their own pace with monthly class materials posted on the 1st of each month.**
Thursdays in person starting in February:
AM meets 10am-12pm
PM meet 7pm-9pm
- 2/1, 3/7, 4/4, 5/2, 6/6, 6/27 (July meeting), 8/1, 9/5, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5, and 1/2/25
Sundays in person starting in February:
PM meets 1-3pm
- 2/4, 3/3, 4/7, 5/12, 6/2, 7/7, 8/4, 9/8, 10/6, 11/3, 12/1, and 1/5/25
Why are there no times listed for the virtual sessions? Great question. When you choose the virtual option there are no class meetings. On the first of each month you’ll be able to access that month’s video, pattern booklet, and any other printables on your class portal. Do you need additional help putting your blocks together? No problem! Email us to schedule a virtual Zoom private lesson with your instructor.
If you’d like to be notified when the 2025 class is added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with BOM in the subject line.
Your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- 1/4″ foot for your machine (highly recommended)
- neutral colored thread for piecing
- coordinating thread for topstitching
- 1/4 yard light weight fusible web (Pellon Wonder Under)
- marking tool with a fine tip (Frixion pen, water erasable marker, ceramic pencil)
- 6×12” quilting ruler (recommended)
- 10.5″ square quilting ruler (recommended)
- template plastic (optional)
- starch (recommended)
- glue stick (recommended)
- stiletto or chopstick (optional)
- printer for printing templates & foundations (recommended)
- light fabrics 4.25 yards
- medium fabrics 2.5 yards
- dark fabrics 2.75 yards
- of these fabrics we’ll use the following just for the sashing (this yardage is included in the totals above):
- light 1.5 yards
- medium 1/3 yard
- dark 1.5 yards
** These measurements are approximate and should be used as a guideline. This was designed as a scrappy quilt so you’ll want to sort your fabric into three values (light, medium, dark). Your totals may vary if you plan on using a different fabric placement in your quilt.