On Point BOM tackles new skills with a variety of piecing and applique techniques. Each month for 12 months you will make a new set of blocks for your quilt and learn new techniques. Some of the techniques we will explore include: half square triangles, strip piecing, cathedral windows, dresdens, and sewing curves. This quilt finishes at 69×69″. This class is appropriate for both new and experienced quilters. We are offering virtual session with no meeting dates–work through this material at your own pace!
Cost: $200 course fee includes instruction and custom pattern. An incredible value for all of the techniques we’ll cover, custom quilt pattern, video tutorials, and more.
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Quilting 101 course or have similar skills
This class has no meetings. You’ll access all the class materials through our class portal. Here you’ll find your PDF pattern booklet, any templates or foundations needed for piecing, as well as a video to guide you through making your blocks. You will work through the materials at your own pace.
Your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- 1/4″ foot for your machine (highly recommended)
- neutral colored thread for piecing
- coordinating thread for topstitching
- marking tool with a fine tip (Frixion pen, water erasable marker, ceramic pencil)
- 6.5” square quilting ruler (optional)
- template plastic (optional)
- starch (optional, but recommended)
- stiletto or chopstick (optional)
- printer for printing templates & foundations (recommended)
Color 1 – Primrose – 1.25 yard
Color 2 – Tea Rose – 1.25 yard
Color 3 – Rose – 1.5 yards
Color 4 – Foxglove – 1.75 yards
Color 5 – Thistle – 3.25 yards
Background – Washed Black – 5.25 yards
** These measurements are approximate and should be used as a guideline. Your totals may vary if you plan on using a different fabric placement in your quilt. Follow the links for the original fabrics from Stash Fabrics.