With our Modish BOM we are tackling new skills. Each month for 12 months you will make a new set of blocks for your quilt and learn new techniques. Some of the techniques we will explore include: half square triangles, strip piecing, applique, partial seams, dresdens, and sewing curves. This quilt finishes at 60×72″. This class is appropriate for both new and experienced quilters. This class is virtual and has no class meetings. Students will work through the course materials at their own pace. All class materials can be accessed through the class portal.
Cost: $200 course fee includes a custom pattern, custom templates and video tutorials for each block.
Prerequisite: This class assumes that you’ve completed our Quilting 101 course or have similar skills
No dates, this is a virtual class and you work through the material at your own pace.
If you’d like to be notified when the 2023 class is added to our calendar, please complete this form. For questions, email us at [email protected] with BOM in the subject line.
Your sewing machine, thread, basic sewing kit and the items listed below
- 1/4″ foot for your machine (highly recommended)
- neutral colored thread for piecing
- coordinating thread for topstitching
- 1/4 yard light weight fusible interfacing
- marking tool with a fine tip (Frixion pen, water erasable marker, ceramic pencil)
- 6.5” square quilting ruler (recommended)
- 12.5″ square quilting ruler (recommended)
- template plastic (optional)
- starch (recommended)
- stiletto or chopstick (optional)
- printer for printing templates & foundations (recommended)
Orchid 3/4 yard
Ballet Slipper 2.75 yards
Corn Yellow 2/3 yard
Amber 1/2 yard
Bright Idea 2/3 yard
Wasabi 3.5 yards
Pickle 1 yard
** These measurements are approximate and should be used as a guideline. Your totals may vary if you plan on using a different fabric placement in your quilt. Follow the links for the original fabrics from Stash Fabrics.